Saturday, May 29, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

To celebrate the Memorial Day weekend, I have a very special card for you! It is sooo cute! Let me get right to it and show you my card. Enjoy!


I came up with the idea for the card a couple of days ago. As I was creating it, I thought about how cute it would be for the boy to hold a flag, specifically one of those paper ones on a toothpick that you stick in cupcakes. Thought it would be so easy to find ... not! At least not out here in the boonies. The quote came to mind ... Toto, we are not in Kansas anymore ... or in this case, Tina, we are not in the metroplex anymore! No Hobby Lobby to go to, who would have most assuredly had these. I went to Dollar General, Family Dollar, Brookshires, which is our largest grocer and as a last resort WalMart. Last resort mostly because it is just a pain in the you know what but I guess I should have gone there first - because that is where I found them - I got the one LAST package! Yea! Yes, I know I could have made one, but you know how it is when you get an idea in your head! To me, it totally makes the card complete. What do you think? Send me a comment and let me know what you think!

Tina Tip - Don't be afraid to use just part of a stamp. In the case of the God Bless America sentiment, I pulled the whole image, which was a flag with the sentiment straight across the bottom, off the wood mount and cut off just these words, and even cut the America from the God Bless so they would fit into my circle. Or remember, you can also just ink up the part that you want. I chose the cutting in this case because I figured I will use the words more than the flag image and it would make it easier to fill my need this time. Either way works!

Recipe:

Paper - Stars by Making Memories Giggle Kids Boy Foiled Star, Cardstock Red, Blue, White
Stamps - Boy and Dog by My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Mini Clear Set called Dog Gone Cute. God Bless America from Stampin' Up
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Marvy Matchable Prussian Blue
Punches/Dies - Classic Circle and Classic Circle Scallop, Ek Success Border Punch, Stampin' Up Border Punch, Cuttlebug Folder Stars
Other - Red Rhinestones from Hero Arts, Paper Flag

Have a great holiday weekend! Check back on Tuesday, when I will have another creation for Texas Tuesday!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com