Thursday, July 29, 2010

Live, Love, Laugh!

Hello! I did a little experimentation with the Stampin' Up embossing folder Square Lattice. Now, you know I have no association with Stampin' Up and pretty much the opposite since I owned a retail stamp store. But, since closing my store, I am free to use and experiment with any product out there. I have said before I think this folder makes the paper look handmade, but recently I saw a card that had a look of toile. I think that look was created by the flowers they stamped before they ran it through the embossing folder. I went looking through my stamps for something similar. I wish I now had kept some of the Anna Griffith stamps because her stamps have that kind of look. But instead, I stamped a few backgrounds and then ran each through the folder. I found that the background stamps that are not as solid work better. I will show you those but first, I will show you the card I made with the one I tried and liked the best ... enjoy!



The marble and the lace pattern both made it very hard to see the embossing of the folder. The background pattern by JudiKins I liked a little better. And then I tried the Hero Arts background and decided it was the best. I went with a card layout I have done in the past. I think it is one of my favorites. I like this layout done vertically and horizontally. There is just something about those half circles on either end that I love! For today's card, I went with the sentiment that is basically my motto for life. It is a very simple card, that I will be able to use for many occasions.

Recipe -

Paper - Die Cuts with a View Summer Dream Matstack, Cardstock White, Wine
Stamps - Background stamp on half circles by Hero Arts Flowers & Butterflies, Sentiment by American Art Stamp
Ink - Adirondack Cranberry, Versafine Majestic Blue
Die Cuts/Punches - Classic Scalloped Circle, Classic Circle, Classic Scalloped Oval, Labels 6 Nestiblities
Other - Baubles by unknown (found at scapbook convention)

I will have one more card for you this week. So, be sure to come back by tomorrow!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com