Friday, July 30, 2010

You Hoo!

Today's card is a redo! Most cards I make I love and either send them out right away or have them in my stash when I might need them. But, there are those few ... Today's card was actually made on Feb. 17th. You can see it here. I remember when I made it, I thought the pattern paper made the whole card look too busy but I posted it anyway. When I started tearing the flower image off, the pattern paper got torn so I took it off too. I found a different scrapbook paper to use that still worked with the lime and pink but was a little more subtle. From there I decided to go with a belated birthday theme. Yes, it seems that even though I am making a lot of cards, many more than I ever made in the 14 years of owning the store, I still can't seem to always send cards when I should. In fact, right now, I think there are at least 4 birthday cards I should have sent and those are the ones that had birthdays in the last couple of weeks. So, if you had a birthday, this is a card for you!


Can you believe how much better this card looks just by making a few changes? Which brings to mind, something that happened the other day when I was in my room creating this weeks cards. I had finished stamping and had the layout in front of me of a particular card. My 11 year old granddaughter comes in and says something about me being finished with the card. Well, I didn't see it as finished yet because I just didn't like how it looked, even though there was nothing wrong with how it looked. The creative process is like that. So, in the case of this card, I guess it just needed a little more of that creative process!

Recipe:

Paper - Floral by Cosmo Cricket DeLovely Mini Deck, Dotted Pink by Bazzill, Lime Green Swirl Glitter Paper by K & Co., Cardstock White, Lime Green
Stamps - Owl by Woodware, Branch & Yoo Hoo by Hero Arts, Party Hat by The Paper Company, Hoot Sentiment by Inky Antics
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Marvy Matchable Yellow Green - note: the branch was stamped in this light green and then overcolored with colored pencils.)
Die Cuts/Punches - Martha Stewart Border Punch, Classic Scalloped Circle & Classic Circle Nestiblites
Other - Ribbon by May Arts, Button, Quicky Glue Pen, Art Institute Crystal Glitter (on party hat), Flower by Petaloo

That is it for the cards for this week. My next card will post on Monday. And then on Tuesday is another Texas Tues-Step from the Texas team this time with a very special treat. You see, Mark with Deadbeat Designs, sent a stamp to everyone in the team so that we will each be showing a card using the same stamp. I can't wait until Tuesday to see what everyone has come up with. Have a great weekend!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com