Sunday, July 25, 2010

Trust God!

Hello! Did you wonder what happened to me this week? I was dealing with some personal stress issues and when I am like that, my stamping mojo is just not existent. I know you can relate. Today, I got myself back to my room to create a couple of cards for you and me! Occasionally on some of the blogs, I see how they use black and white pattern papers along with a pattern paper of another color and I always think how striking that look is. So, a friend got me out of the house last night and "made" me go to the scrapbook store ... made me, yea right! Anyway, while there I hunted down some black and white pattern papers so I could try this look. The two sentiments I used are to remind me to trust God! I love how they came out ...enjoy!


Note that the flower on the second card is the exact same color as the paper. I have no idea why it scanned differently. I tried it more than once and it came out the same. I also wanted to let you know to find black and white designs a good place to look is in the wedding section. That is where I found 2 of the 3 papers I got!

Recipe Card #1 -

Paper - Lime & White by Bo Bunny, Black & White Diamond Pattern by Teresa Collins Mr. & Mrs. Line, Black & White Stripe by Adorn It Princess Line, Cardstock White, Black
Stamps - Sentiment by Verve, Butterfly by Stamping Sensations
Ink - Versafine Black, Marvy Matchables Yellow Green (sponged around sentiment)
Die Cuts/Punches - Martha Stewart Scalloped Border Punch, Labels 3 Nestiblities
Other - Ribbon by May Arts

Recipe Card #2

Paper - Purple & White by Bo Bunny, Black & White Diamond Pattern by Teresa Collins Mr. & Mrs. Line, Black & White Stripe by Adorn It Princess Line, Cardstock White, Black
Stamps - Verve
Die Cuts/Punches - Labels 10 & Petite Scalloped Oval Nestiblites
Other - Flowers by Prima, Ribbon by May Arts, Purple Pearls by Queen & Co., Black Bauble by Stamping Bella

This coming weekend (Thursday thru Monday), we are having the family reunion at our house. One weekend a year, all the family comes together which include Gary's 3 children and the 5 grandchildren. In previous years, we have all met at a lake in Oklahoma, but since my hubby & I now live on a lake (actually a couple of blocks away), they are all coming here! So, I have to have a day or two to clean house but hopefully I will have time tomorrow and Monday to make a few cards ahead so I will have some cards to show you during the next week.

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com