Wednesday, July 7, 2010

You Know You Are OLD When ...

Wow I spent most of Tuesday working on a mini book to send to a friend who is turning "50" this week. I had a similar project I showed you back in February. (If you want to look at it in the archives, go to February and then to the title Over the Hill.) You see, I have these two friends, one I have known since 7th grade and the other since 9th grade, we have all stayed pretty close through all these years so I wanted to make them each something a little special with a little humor thrown in! I mean if we can't laugh about turning "50", we are going to be in trouble! For the one in February, I made a Tri-Shutter card so I could use a few "over the hill" sentiments. I went to the computer to see if I could find some more "over the hill" sentiments, and the first site I came across had a page long list of sayings that would conclude the sentence "You know you are getting old when ..." So, I decided to pick out the best and use them in my project! My book consists of covered chipboard, a gate fold, an accordion, and cardstock flaps with all the humorous sentiments to complete the getting old sentence. Toward the end of this post, I have included the list of humorous sentiments so you can have a laugh too! Here are pictures of my book ... enjoy! ...


Above shows the front cover. Jean and her walker image slightly overlaps the gate fold of the book. The sentiment in the big scallop is taped to the panel that Jean is on. I added a magnet under the top, right corner of Jean's panel and put a magnet on the underside of the inside panel of the book. This helps the book to stay firmly closed. I originally thought I would use chipboard letters for the "o l d" but my letters were too large, so I went with the Thickers letters I have used on several project recently. I actually kind of like that they stand out being a green color, instead of the black I thought I would originally want! The rest of the sentiment is computer generated, as are all of the inside sentiments.


This is a close - up view of Jean and her walker. It is pretty much like I colored her back in February. She just calls for bright colors!

This shows the book open with the flaps. I did add sentiments to the reverse side of the flaps which makes 12 sentiments in all!


And this is another inside view showing how it looks with the flaps laying flat.

This is my inside.

I got the instructions for this from a book called Mini Books Make it in Minutes by Roxi Phillips. It had exact measurements for each panel, making it a very easy book to make. I will be glad to type out the instructions for anyone that would like them. Just email me at
stamperfw@aol.com.

Now are you ready for your laugh? Read on...


You know you are getting old when...

Looking 50 is great - if you are 60!
You can laugh, cough, sneeze, and pee all at the same time!
You are somewhere between the Young and the Restless and the Old and the Senseless!
You finally got your head together, now your body is falling apart!
Happy hour is a NAP!
It takes twice as long to look half as good!
The clothes you've put away until they come back in style...have come back in style!
You have more patience, but actually, it's just that you don't care anymore!
Your idea of a night out is sitting on the patio!
You get propositioned by AARP!
You don't remember being absentminded!
You read more and remember less!

Recipe:

Paper - Bo Bunny Petal Pushers line, Cardstock White, Hot Pink, Black, Chipboard
Stamps - Art Impressions
Ink - For Jean - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Punches/Die Cuts - Labels 9, Big Scalloped Oval 2 sizes
Other - Thickers by American Crafts, Computer, Red Line Tape

Happy Stamping!
Tina


0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com