Friday, July 9, 2010

Some People Make the World Special!

Hello! Do you see yesterday's card that I did for the color challenge? I was worried that I had picked out colors that were not exact, but from the comments I got, it seems I did good! YEA! Today's card is "cased" from one of the blogs. You see, every day I go to the blogs which have new entries, and if I like a layout I see, I print it. They go into a big notebook. Then the days that I think I need a little jump start on an idea, I go looking in the big notebook for inspiration. This was one of those cards! But, the funny part about my card is that I still have a bunch of new stamps I haven't had a chance to stamp out yet, and what do I do? I use a really old stamp for this card, from a company that is not even in business anymore! I needed a butterfly and the new ones just didn't seem to work, but this one from did ... enjoy!


Even though the butterfly is an old stamp, the sentiment is brand new from a Verve set. It doesn't show up that clear but the sentiment reads "Some people make the world special just by being in it." Love it! One note, I knew I wanted the butterfly and the frame to be out of the pattern paper but I was afraid it would be too flimsy so before I cut them out I glued a piece of cardstock on the underside of each. I love this layout. I think I might like to try it again, maybe with some flowers in one corner?

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye (these 3 12 x 12's were purchased a while back at Hobby Lobby and are the very thin one sided type papers ... I am thinking they might be older My Minds Eye), Cardstock Purple, Black
Stamps - Butterfly by The Stamping Bug, Sentiment by Verve
Ink - Versamark, JudiKins Detail Black embossing powder
Die Cuts/Punches - Labels 8 (frame), Labels 6 (inside frame)
Other - Ribbon by May Arts, Twine by TCP, Button, Rhinestones Trail (unknown), and Ranger
Black Enamel Accents (on butterfly's body)

I think that is it for me for the week! This was one week that I think all my creations were pretty darn good! Have a great weekend! See you Monday or Tuesday.

Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

silvthread said...

I think the butterfly card is beautiful. I love everything about it.

 
design by suckmylolly.com