Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Days of Autumn!

Hello!  Today I have another card using the Autumn stamp set from Just Rite.  Like the stamp I used on yesterday's card, it is an oval.  So, I went to look for a sketch that I would like to use.  There are so many sketches out there to pick from.  But, I don't think I have ever noticed, that most sketches that has an oval in the sketch, the oval is almost always vertical on the card.  But, with these stamps that I stamped off from a friend and colored the images to make into cards, all need the oval to be horizontal.  So, yesterday's post had one idea, today is another, and tomorrow I will have one more idea.  So obviously there are some, but not that many!  Today's sketch is one I have done before and I like it.  Here is my card ... enjoy!


So, I just got a pack of cardstock from Stampin' Up, some that was clearanced.  Anyway, I can't believe how close the brown in the pack matches this scrapbook paper.  I have a happy mistake to tell you about on this one.  When I was die-cutting the oval, I didn't really line it up all that well.  So, the result was there was a lot of white showing on the outside of the oval on the right side.  Now, you can't tell this, because I covered my little boo boo up with the button and leaf.   I love this added element and it really makes the card, but the point is, I probably would not have added this if I wasn't trying to cover up the boo boo.  I also used linen thread to gather the ribbon on the right side.  It makes the button appear to be tied to the ribbon.  I love this card.  How about you?

Recipe:


Paper - Leaf paper from Target $1 pack, Orange print from Bo Bunny (backside of Olivia Mums), Cardstock Brown, Dark Red, White
Stamps - Just Rite
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Classic Scalloped Oval & Classic Oval Nestibilities
Other - Ribbon from Target $1 ribbon set, Button, Leaf from Prima, Linen Thread from The Cat's Pajamas

Tune in tomorrow for my next card.  Happy Stamping!
Tina

P.S. I almost forgot, Our Craft Lounge, which is a stamp company that I have a few sets from and I like, is having a promotion and daily drawings.  To win, all you have to do is leave a comment a day.  You can find a link on the right side of my blog, if you are interested in participating!  I am!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com