Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pinterest Inspiration Projects!

Hello!  I am back today to show you a couple of items I made for my hubby, one for our anniversary and one for a belated Valentine's gift.  Both were ideas I found on my new addiction Pinterest!  I also have a  home organization idea to show you too.  First up, is the creative book I made for Gary and gave to him on the ship on our anniversary.   Let me say though, it was not creative in the usual way, like using stamps, coloring, or anything like that, but it was creative in the thinking process.  You see the idea I saw, that I will show you after mine, used the A-B-C's on each page to give compliments to their recipient.  I decided since it was our anniversary, and it being about our marriage together, I would use the letters to either give compliments or talk about something that he and I have in common.  I took pics of a few of the pages, so you can get the idea.  I can say it took a while to think up sentences for every letter of the alphabet, but it was a lot of fun, too!  My hubby loves green, so I went thru my scrapbook papers and found papers that kinda of went together and made them the base pages and added a white panel to write on.  The letters were stickers from Echo Park.  Once I finished all the pages, I just used my Bind It All to bind it together.  Easy Peasy!  Here it is ... enjoy!




And now for the Pinterest one where the inspiration came from:
Go here to see the details for this one.



Next, I have the gift I made for my hubby around Valentine's Day.  It is a write on, write off board made from a glass frame where I can write notes to my hubby.  If it had not been for Pinterest, I don't think I would have ever known that any glass surface would work like just like these boards that you buy.  Such a cool idea.  Here is what I made followed by the Pinterest one and the link to the original.  Enjoy!


And here is the Pinterest one ...
And the link
here to this original one.




You can see in both cases, that what I came up with is a totally different look, but I got the original idea from what I saw on Pinterest.  Now, I have one more for you, even though this one is not craft related.  But, I just have to share it anyway!  Where do you keep your toothbrush?  Does it sit in a cup or lay on the counter?  I have a real "thing" about this, as I hate the cup thing, it just gets gross with all the moisture and stuff.  So, I saw an idea on Pinterest where they hung up their toothbrushes inside a cabinet.  Now the one they showed was linked to a product they were selling.  But, I went one step further and repurposed a Cord Organizer by 3M.  It works!  And no more yukky stuff on my toothbrush.  I would like to show you the original idea, but it seems I didn't pin it ... I know this was something I saw when I first started doing Pinterest, long before I thought that I would share ideas on my blog.   This should be a reminder to me or anyone that is doing Pinterest, if you like it, pin it!  Here is what I did anyway ...


Thanks for letting me share all these fun ideas.  If you are interested in seeing what I pin, you can click on the icon on the right side of my blog to go to my Pinterest boards.  And I would like to ask a favor.  If you see a card that I do that you really like, could you pin it for me?  I think it would be a fun way to get some of my cards out there and maybe get some more traffic to my blog, but I don't really want to be the one to pin my own cards.   That just seems arrogant.  Anyway, I love my new little addiction.  And it is all thanks to Anne Harada (http://everlastingink.blogspot.com).  She is the one that got me started!  Thanks Anne!

See you soon!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

2 comments:

Eileen said...

great ABC book for Gary....he is a lucky guy!

terry said...

What a great idea...The ABC book!

 
design by suckmylolly.com