Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Cup of Tea!

Hello!  As you know, I am working on cards for the auction portion of the women's tea at my church.  I really wanted to recreate a card I made for one of the Saturday sketch shares.  As a reminder, you can see it here.  Yes, I know I could just make it the exact same, but, so I would have more new cards to show you, I really wanted to change it up.  But, boy did I have trouble.  It's funny how sometimes cards just go together so easily and sometimes they don't!  After looking for different papers, I decided to go with the same papers as I did on the previous card, thinking that would help ... and I still had trouble.  I finally got it done and I am satisfied with the result.  I think it came out very pretty.  Let me show you.  Enjoy!



After I got it all together, I fretted a little about the twine bow with the button, but when I tried to pull the button off and realized that I had attached the button with score-tape and it was going to be a fight to get it off ... so, I left it!  What do you think?  Pretty?

Recipe:
Paper - Kaiser Craft Miss Nelly 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock White, Rose Pink
Stamps - none ... shhh!  (sentiment was printed from computer)
Tools - My Favorite Things Time for Tea Die-namics, Fancy Flourish Die-Namics, Tab Die-namics, Flower die from Papertrey Inc., We R Memory Keepers Corner Rounder punch
Other - Button, Twine by The Twinery, Pearls

I have been thinking about what sentiments to put on the inside of these cards.  I am thinking of not adding sentiments and just putting a note in the box that I left the cards blank so they could use them for many occasions.  Good idea?

I will be back when I get the next card finished.  I sure hope the creative process goes faster than this first one! 

See you soon!  Happy Stamping!
Tina
 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your beautiful card!! I think the twine and button really make the whole card pop!!! All of your cards are always beautiful and inspirational! Thanks for sharing.
Diana Bell

 
design by suckmylolly.com