Friday, October 12, 2012

A Birthday Card for Mom!

Hello!  It seems like I spent a lot of time on this card.  I started out with one idea, and then led to another idea, and to another.  In some ways it seems kinda of silly to put so much effort into a card that she will likely not even hardly look at.  But, the fact remains, I always have made a card for my mother and this year should be no exception.  I just can't hardly believe she will be 97 tomorrow!  She has outlived her 5 sisters and my dad has been gone since 1996.  In this last year, she has progressed a lot, but not in a good way.  They now do everything for her at the nursing home and she doesn't always know me.  I pray that she will not suffer too much more and that God will take her to be with my dad and her sisters which she misses so much.  Thanks for listening from my heart and maybe when you say your prayers, you will add my mother, Dorothy to your list.  Now, let me get to the card.  A while back, when we were able to converse, I brought her some cards to show that I had made, and there was one that had a sentiment on it, that really touched her, so I used that stamp on her card.  You have seen it before, but it is so perfect thinking of a "mom"!  Here is my card ... enjoy!




I love how it came out!  So pretty!  And of course, pink, as it is my mom's favorite (and mine!) 
What do you think ...  pretty in pink?

Recipe:

Paper - Basic Grey Serendipity 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock two Pinks, White
Stamps - Verve One Person set
Ink - Memento Black, Copics
Tools - Sizzix Basic Grey Diamonds embossing folder, Spellbinders Circles
Other - Pink Rhinestones

I will see you tomorrow for the sketch share!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your beautiful card, Tina!! I know your Mom will appreciate it, but maybe just a little differently from what you or I would. I totally understand why it is important for you to make a nice card for your Mother. It is made with love and with a big peace of your heart inside of it. Give your Mother a big birthday wish and hug for me. I will keep both of you in my prayers. Thinking about you.
Diana Bell

voyager said...

Your card is beautiful & so is the sentiment. You have been & still are, a wonderful daughter to your mom. I will certainly add her to my prayer list.
Hope to see u again soon.
Marlene

 
design by suckmylolly.com