Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Trick or Treat!

Hello! I have a few Halloween cards done that I will be showing you this week.  I wanted to get a few done that I could take to the gift shop that I sell my cards at.  I know not everyone likes Halloween but I have some of the cutest Halloween stamps, so I am thinking they won't be able to resist.  For today's card, I went with one of the Saturday's sketches and one that I put in my go to sketch group.  (You can see my group here on this post.)  Let me show you my card ... it's pretty cute!  Enjoy!





Do you see the border of the graveyard at the top?  Last year, one of my friend's brought several border punches to one of the crops and I punched a bunch out.  Then, what I didn't use on cards last year, got put in the same container as my Halloween papers to be ready for this year.  It was perfect for this card.  Isn't little Frankie adorable? 

Recipe:

Paper - Stripe and multi dots by We R Memory Keepers Spookville line, Green dot bkgd by TPC Studio Monster Mash line, Purple Dot by Bo Bunny, Cardstock White, Black, Purple
Stamps - My Minds Eye Blackbird clear set
Ink - Memento Black, Copics
Tools - Ek Success Border Punch (possibly Martha Stewart, but not sure), Spellbinders Classic Scallop Circle, Classic Circle, Petite Oval
Other - Black Pearls from Queen & Co., Twine from The Twinery

Remember the card I did last week with the awesome Halloween die across the front?  (See it here.)  I made a remark that I thought the inside of the card was too plain.  Well, my friend Cathy text me with some suggestions!  Her suggestion was to take the negative of the die and color it on the inside piece with some ink.  I thought it was a great idea.  But, with playing around with it, I found that I didn't like the whole negative, mainly because the house is solid, so I decided to go with just a part of the negative for the inside.  Below is what I came up with ...



Below is what the whole think looked like ... do you see why I wasn't crazy about the solid house?  So, much cuter with all the windows cut out.  Don't you think?



I will be back tomorrow with another Halloween card.  I am now off to work on my November class samples!  I have to have them done by the beginning of November for a special event they are having at The Crafty Scrapper promoting the holiday classes at the store.  I am teaching next week, then there is one week before my cruise!  See you soon!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com