Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Happy Halloween Card #1!


Hello!  I promised to be back today with a Halloween card.  When I was at The Crafty Scrapper last weekend teaching I saw that they got some new dies in from Impression Obsession.  I got a couple to use in my November class and I also got the Halloween scene one that I am using today!  So many stamp companies have gotten on the band wagon to sell these silver metal dies to compliment their stamps!  It's great because there are lots of choices, but also bad because I want so many!  I have alot of Halloween stamps so I debated about getting this die, but I am so glad I did.  Let me show my card ... sooo cute!  Enjoy!

Front
Open




I made it like the card I taught in my August class where there is a split and the top part of the front of the card is cut away.  You can't see it in the photo but the moon is made with that shimmer cardstock.  This was a super easy card to make.  I might have to make a bunch to send.  The only problem is I don't have a lot of the star paper as it was just one sheet I found in my Halloween stash, so I'll have to look and see what I can substitute for it.  But, don't worry, even if I make this my card to send, I will still be making other Halloween cards to show you.  And really, I should make them soon, so that I can take them to the gift shop where I sell my cards.  So, this month, you will see a combination of regular themed cards (not giving in totally to the holidays ... yet) and Halloween cards.  Looking at the images above, I think the inside rectangle writing space needs some help, it is too plain!  Will change that if I do make more of this one!  What do you think ... do you not adore this die?
 
Recipe:

Paper - Star Paper from my stash ... on the back it said Die Cuts with a View (but I know it is old), Cardstock Black, White, Orange
Stamps - Sentiment by Rubbernecker
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Impression Obsession Halloween Die, Spellbinders Classic Scallop Oval, Classic Oval
Other - Orange Pearls

I will be back in a couple of days with another creation.  Tomorrow we are off to the State Fair to see the grandson show his pig.  I hope "Bacon" does well!  I know, ... what a name he picked for him.  When you show at the fair, they keep the animals, so I guess "Bacon" is an appropriate name.  But, still ....
 
See you soon!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com