Thursday, October 4, 2012

Not Afraid of Storms...!

Hello!  I am back today with a non-holiday card.  I told you I am not quite ready to do the holiday cards every day yet.  There are a couple of stamps from Verve that I got in my free haul a while back that I keep seeing show up on blogs.  I decided it was time to ink them up!  In getting caught up on my blog reading, I saw an interesting sketch from Verve and thought it would be perfect to pair the two!  This challenge is actually a month worth of sketches, maybe I will try to do them all, we'll see how it goes.  But for now, let me show you my card with the stamps I have been anxious to ink up.  I will also show you the sketch I used.  Enjoy!




I love how it came out even though I almost ran out of room for the little boat image.  Yes, I know the sentiment was too tall for the sketch, but by the time I figured it out, I had already decided on colors, papers, etc.  So ... I made it work.  I went with a rectangle of vellum so that it would be see -thru and I could still see the sentiment.  I think it works, how about you? 

Recipe:

Paper - Echo Park - Paradise Beach 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock Blue, White, Vellum
Stamps - Verve Learning to Sail set
Ink - Memento Black, Copics
Tools - Verve Flourished Trim die, Cuttlebug embossing folder curve border (made waves on vellum)
Other - Rhinestones

I hope to be back tomorrow with another card, but for sure on Saturday for the share.


On a personal note, the grandson's pig did not place yesterday at the fair.  But, I know Sean enjoyed the experience and will likely try again next year.

See you soon -
Happy Stamping!
Tina








0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com