Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Enjoy the Wonders of the Season!

Hello!  Over the weekend, I got to get out to my shack with the hopes of working on some Christmas cards, but first, I had to straighten and put Halloween and Thanksgiving papers, stamps, and supplies away.  I got all the Christmas stamp trays and all the holidays papers out where I can see what I have.  Also, over the weekend I spent quite a lot of time on the internet looking for ideas.  Pinterest, which has been in the past, a great idea source for me, was a little disappointing.  It seemed like ever holiday card is way, way clean and simple, which there is nothing wrong with that, it just not exactly my style.  So, maybe I will take some of the clean and simple ideas and make them my own.  Donna asked me how many cards I need to make, well, my answer is ... it depends on how many cards I get done.  My thinking as of now (it may change as I run out of time), is that I will make a card and then make as many of the same card as I can out of the supplies I have.  For example, today's card, was made from a 6 x 6 pad, so I decided I could get two additional cards from the same paper, and that is what I did.  Let me show you my card ... enjoy!
 
 

I am sure you recognize this sketch as one of my "go-to" favorites.  The idea with the tree and the snowflake came from the Verve website gallery.  Here is the link to my "CASE".  There is some added clear glitter on the white panel, but it does not show up in the photo.  I love how this card came out, don't you? 

Recipe:
Paper - Bo Bunny Snow Day Collection 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock White, Light Grayish Blue, Dark Blue
Stamps - Verve Christmas in the Air set, sentiment is AMuse (I needed a smaller sentiment that those in the Christmas in the Air set)
Ink - Memento Black, Copics for snowflake and tree trunk
Tools - Tim Holtz bracket die
Other - Grosgrain ribbon, Rhinestones, Crystal Glitter

On to the next one ... see you tomorrow? 

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com