Friday, November 30, 2012

Season's Tweetings!

Hello!  Sorry you did not see me yesterday.  The day before that I had a little non-mojo day and just couldn't make a design work, but all was not lost, as I spent part of the day coloring some images from one of the class cards that I want to make more of. But, yesterday my mojo came back!  Woo Hoo!  And, so I do have the next card for my Christmas card making stash to show you today.  Let me show you ... enjoy!

 
 
 

Pretty darn, cute huh?  When I first stamped the skating bird, I didn't like it, as it needed something to represent ice or movement.  That is when I went to my wood mounted stamp drawers to look for some kind of design element that could create this effect.  This DeNami stamp could not be more perfect!  But ... the next dilemma came when I stamped the swirl after the bird was stamped and the swirl showed on top of the bird.  I know how to mask, but I don't do it often.  But, I had no choice here.  Fortunately, I still have some of the eclipse tape that is perfect for masking. If you don't understand masking ... here is a quick how-to ...I stamped the bird on the tape and cut it out.  Then, I put the mask on the bird and stamped the swirl.  When the mask was removed, it appeared the swirl was below her, not on top of her.  I think the finished effect was way worth the effort!  You really cannot see the clear glitter I added to the boot tops, the hat and the swirls, but it is there!  I love the way it came out, but I was only able to make 4, as that is all the paper I had left.  What do you think ... do you like this one?

Recipe:
Paper - Pink Paislee Snow Day Line: "Fireside" (last year's line, I think, from my stash), Cardstock White, Light Blue, Red
Stamps - Inky Antics Snow Birdies clear set, DeNami Design Large Dot Swirls
Ink - Memento Black, Copics, Marvy Matchable Salvia Blue
Tools - Spellbinders Labels 9, Creat A Flake 1, My Favorite Things Oval Chain Border Die-namics, JudiKins Eclipse Tape, Quicky Glue Pen, Crystal Glitter, Stickles (on hat ball), Gelly Roll Glitter pen (on snowflake)
Other - Printed button from Studio G (Walmart find- $1), Twine from the Twinery, Rhinestones

Tomorrow I will be back for the Saturday share.  I already have the next card in line to show you but you will have to wait until Sunday or Monday.  Next week, is my class week, so what I don't get done through the weekend will have to be put on hold for a few days. 

Happy Stamping!
Tina

Christmas Card Count:
From Classes - 9
Tree card (11/27 post) - 3
Candy Cane girl (11/28 post) -4
Skating bird (today's post) - 4
 
Total so far - 20




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com