Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving Treats for You!

Hello! I wanted to show you the little added project I had for my class this week. Even though, in this month's class we made three Christmas cards, I added a surprise fall project. I originally thought I would make one for each person, but then decided that it was so cute, that I should just add it as a surprise project for them to make. Everyone loved this little fall treat box. Let me show you. Enjoy!

 
Front


Side View

Back


Cute, huh?  I also thought it was be a fun to add a tag with a name on the front and make it be a place card for each person on Thanksgiving.  Here it how you make it ... First, you make the inside box.  If you wanted more of a square box, you could change the size, but I wanted mine to be smaller, so this is what I went with.  The box is a 5" square.  You score on one side 2" and 3".  Then turn and score 1" on either side.  Here is a visual.  Sorry it is a little messy.  But, at least you can see where the score lines are and see that you have to cut on those two inside score lines only up to the 1"inch. 


















Now, you just fold and it will form the box.  Then you die cut two pattern paper circles and adhere them to two scallop circles.  Score 5 of the scallops down and glue to underside of box.  Adhere to sides of box and the box is done!  Decorate!  Easy, Peasy!

Recipe:
Paper - October Afternoon Witch Hazel line” Elixir of Eucalyptus”, Cardstock Orange, Green
Tools - Spellbinders Classic Scallop Circle, Classic Circle, Impression Obsession Leaves dies set
Other - Twine by The Twinery, Ribbon by Martha Stewart, Button

One more note, in class, there was discussion about how you could make this also into a Christmas box by maybe making it look like an ornament or if you made the circle smaller, you could create a turkey!  Great ideas! 

I hope to be back tomorrow with another card for you.

Happy Stamping!
Tina


0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com