Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Sending Candy Cane Kisses!

Hello!  I feel like I am on my way now to getting my Christmas cards made.  At least, I have got a good start going.  Yesterday, was my day to get the Saturday share card made to go in the mail.  Instead of just making the one to send to Debbie, I went ahead and made 4 more for me.  I would have made more but I only found enough cardstock in the color I needed to make the four.  You will have to wait until Saturday to see that one.  Today's card I made 4 total.  And again, I did not make more than the four because I didn't have more of the ribbon I used.  When you see my card, you will understand why this particular ribbon is perfect and a substitute would not work!  Speaking of my card, I guess I should show you ... enjoy!
 
 
 

See the ribbon?  It matches perfectly!  The sketch I used is another one of the "go to" favorites.  In the sketch there is a ribbon bow where I have the snowflake.  But, I did not have enough ribbon to make a bow.  I tried adding twine but it just didn't work, so I was thinking, it seemed a little bare, but it would be fine.  Overnight, I had a thought ... how about a snowflake in that area to replace the bow?  OMG, can you say perfect?!! I think it is crazy how you can add one small element to totally complete a card!  You really cannot see it in the pic, but there is clear glitter on her boot tops, her mittens, and her hat.  What do you think?  Love the card?  I do!

Recipe:

Paper - October Afternoon Holiday Style Line: "Feliz Navidad" (from last year, I believe), Cardstock White, Pink, Red
Stamps - My Favorite Things a la Modes Candy Cane Kisses
Ink - Memento Black, Copics
Tools - Spellbinders Classic Ovals, Martha Stewart Snowflake punch, Lifestyle embossing folder (from set of 2 called Linear:  this was a pre black-Friday impulse buy ... I got 4 sets of new ones ... like I need more embossing folders!  Hee, Hee!), Quicky Glitter Pen, Crystal Glitter
Other - Ribbon (from Creative Impressions, I think), Dew Drops, White Glitter bauble

On to the next set ... see you tomorrow?
Happy Stamping!
Tina
 
Christmas Card Count:
From classes - 9
Yesterday's card post - 3
Today's card -4

Total so far - 16


0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com