Thursday, December 27, 2012

Rest in Peace Mom!

Hello!  My blog has always been a way for me to not only share my creations with you but also a way for me to document happenings in my life.  Today I have a big happening.  My mom passed away peacefully at 3 a.m. this morning.  I have asked others for a few months to pray that God comes to take her home soon, as I felt it was time for her to leave the confusion of the Alzheimer's disease and go and be with my dad who has been gone since 1996.  They would have celebrated their 59th the year he passed.  She has not known me for quite some time and the nursing home nurses and aides do everything for her.  I got the call on Christmas Day that they thought she was starting the shutting down process.  She continued that process yesterday and I was with her most of the day. I told her that I loved her and that it was time for her to go.  I have to believe she understood.  Today, I do not feel sad, but I do feel blessed that she is now in peace and has gone "home" to be with my dad, her parents and her five sisters.  Here is a favorite pic of her and I.  This one was take in 1995. This was before the Alzheimer's and look how happy she was.  The same way she is right now!

Dorothy Alice Burkhart Brown
Born October 13, 1915
Died December 27, 2012


Yesterday, I did a post with all the handmade creations I received.  I wanted to let you know I had a late addition.  It came in the mail yesterday after I had already done the post.  I edited the post to include the latest addition, so be sure to scroll down to check it out! 

See you soon!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com