Wednesday, June 19, 2013

For The Love Birds!

Hello!  I had this card ready for you yesterday, but I was thinking I wouldn't have time to get a post written before it was time for me to leave yesterday, and I was right.  I left early yesterday to drive to Fort Worth to have lunch and spend the day with two friends, one I have known since middle school and the other since high school.  Oh, just about 40 years!  One friend lives in Argyle, up by Denton and we get together every couple of months, but the big treat was my friend who lives in St. Louis, that I haven't seen in about 10 years!  It was a great day!  I loved every minute of it.  But, back to why you're here ... to see my creation for the day!  Donna, my other "bestie friend", son, who is my Godson, recently got married and so I made this card to send to him and his new wife.  In my last class, we made a wedding card.  See it here in this post.  My card is similar to that one, but instead of a cake, I added a birdcage and love birds ... let me show you ...enjoy!
 

And then after you flip it, instead of the wedding sentiment, I added a pocket for their gift card!
 
 
On the right side, I made the fold-over the same and added a "Congratulations" stamp and a place for me to sign it.

I think they will like it, how about you?

Recipe:
Paper - Little Yellow Bicycle, Swoon line: Paisley Smitten (on class card, I did just an oval of this, since I had to have so many for kits, but on this one, I did the whole center panel, on both sides out of this paper), Cardstock White, Gray, Red
Stamps - My Favorite Things Contempo Cage stamps & die set

Ink -Versafine Smokey Grey
Tools - Cuttlebug embossing folder: Musical Flourish, Sizzix Flip-It "Majestic" die
Other - Rhinestone hearts, Ribbon by Midori

I have another card made to show you tomorrow!  See you then!
Happy Stamping!

Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com