Thursday, June 13, 2013

June Class Share!

Hello!  I finished my class samples ...woo, hoo ...happy dance!  It is always a relief when I get them done!  It is only two weeks to my class, but I figure most of my group of ladies that come are happy with whatever we do, which is awesome.  If you have been keeping up with my classes, you know that the last two months, I have done two classes called Special Occasions, Part One and Part Two.  We made a birthday, a get well, Mother's Day, Father's Day, graduation and a wedding card.  I really wasn't planning on doing a part three, but I saw some really cute baby card ideas, so I took suggestions for the other two cards.  Among the ideas were patriotic, retirement, and sympathy.  I ended up doing all but the sympathy.  It got scooted out when I realized that the class participants would be making a baby girl and a baby boy card.  The sympathy card I was planning was going to be very simplistic anyway.  I went with the retirement even though this theme only works for some, but it has a masculine tone and we all can use more cards in our stash for men.  Right?  I always wanted to make what they call a "magic" card and that is what I did for the "man" card.  It was a bit of a challenge to get it to come all together, but I think I can pre-make some steps that will make it easier to understand in the class.  (At least  I hope so!)  So, let me show you my class cards.  First up is a tri-shutter patriotic card ... enjoy!
 
 
This is the front.

And this shows it open!
The tri-shutter card looks hard, but is so easy!  I love how it came out!  Next is my "magic" card.  Here is the front.  The image is stamped on acetate with no coloring ...
Front of Magic Card

Voila ... Pull a tab and it is in color ... MAGIC!
Don't look too close at my coloring ... it's terrible, but I was more concerned with making sure I understood how to make the card and then, teach the card!  Last but not least, here are the two shaped Pram cards for both boy and girl!  Enjoy!

Pram Girl

Pram Boy
Pram Inside (Boy's will be blue)
I love how all three came out!  Thanks for letting me share here.  I have quite a number of people that can't come to class, but do like to get a kit from me to do them later.  Always an option.  If you are interested in the actual class details, here that is ...

Special Occasions Part Three - Wed. June 26th 11:00 a.m. and Sat. June 29th at 2:30 p.m. $25
I decided I had to do a part three because no set of special occasion cards are complete without baby cards.  So, you will be making four creative and unique cards including two pram shaped cards, one for a boy and one for a girl.  Next, by special request, you will make a retirement card, but not too worry, this card would be just as good for any men's occasion, like birthday or just for fun.  The best part of this card is learning to make the magic card, which with a pull will reveal a colorful image.  And last but not least, there is a patriotic tri-shutter card, perfect for the 4th of July or an every day card for our troops.  Please bring adhesive to include pop-up dots, 1/8 inch scor-tape (if you can), an X by Xyron (if you have one), detailed scissors, a ruler, a scoring tool, and your preferred coloring medium.  All other supplies provided.  (copic colors I used: card 1: E00, E33, B39, card 2: E00, E33, E31, N1, R27, BG53, BG13, Y17, B95 ...these are listed only for the convenience of those you have asked me to share the colors I used).

I will be back tomorrow with a card I made to send to our granddaughter!
Happy Stamping!
Tina


0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com