Friday, June 7, 2013

You're the Sweetest! (And an craft room organization share)!

Hello!  I have a couple of things to share with you today!  First up, is a card that I made for a friend who was kind enough to make homemade chicken and egg salads for our group that went to the scrapbook convention yesterday.  Eileen is the best cook and the food was fabulous!  Even having to get soaking wet, did not damper our wonderful lunch!  Let me show you my card.  Enjoy!
 


Pretty darn cute, don't you think?  The cupcake paper was the cutest "food" paper I could find.  Love the sketch I used.  Oh, one more thing about it.  I did the out of the box technique even though I wasn't using a die.  Pretty cool!

Recipe:
Paper - Basic Grey Shine On 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock White, Yellow
Stamps - Inky Antics Berry Sweet HoneyPop
Ink - Memento Black, Copics
Tools - Spellbinders Classic Scallop Circle, Classic Circle
Other - Twine by The Twinery, Pearls by Queen & Co.


Now, on to part 2 of this post.  A while back, when I was reorganizing my room, I changed how I store my "bling" ...You know that every card I make, I add some kind of pearls, rhinestones, or bling, somewhere on the card.  I have been asked why.  I guess it is kinda like my signature for a card.  The truth is, a card just doesn't look complete to me until they are added.  Where I put them, is dependent upon where I think the card needs some balance.  So, let me show you how they were stored before ...



They were all mixed up in a basket, and so I spent lots of time looking through this basket trying to find the right color and then trying to find additional ones of the same color.  And a while back, I accidentally didn't get this basket firmly on the shelf, and it FELL and it all went EVERYWHERE!  It was horrible!  It took an hour to get it all back in the basket.  That is when I decided that I need a new system!  So, thanks to Pinterest, I saw an idea where they put their bling in a photo album.  Gary had given me this set of three that were just sitting with nothing in them, and I thought I will put them to good use ... here is the pic ...



In one I put all rhinestones, the second one has all pearls, and the third has more decorative ones.  Here is a pic of an open page ....



There is always a Queen & Co. booth at the scrapbook convention, and I always buy a bunch from them, as their pricing at the show is usually buy 10 for $1 each and get 2 free, which works out to be $.83 each.  Well ... yesterday before we went in, we picked up a scrapbook show book and in it there was a coupon for $.50 on all bling before 11 a.m.   Needless to say, I could NOT turn this down!  I went a little crazy, but I know I will eventually use them all.  I really go through them on class kits because if one card had 3 rhinestones and I make 18 kits ... it does add up.  This morning, I put all the new packages in the books .....



There is a big problem ... the books are way too fat.  So, I went back and took all the bling out of the packaging, which pretty much fixed the problem.  It is still tight, but at least I got them into the box! Last pic ...



Here is my quick review on the scrapbook convention ... they changed the name from the Great American Scrapbook convention to Stitch, Craft, Create, Live because they added an area of sewing, which I can't tell you anything about, because that is not something I am interested in and so I never went to that area.  They did go up on the admission price to $15 which sucked!  Thank goodness, a friend sent me a $3 off coupon.  There were probably a few less vendors than in the past.  But, on a good note, it really wasn't very crowded.  I even saw the people watching Tim Holtz could see him well.  I, of course, spent more than I should have, but love everything I got.  Besides all the bling, I also got some new Spellbinders (why can't I resist these?), new copics (filled in some color combinations), some new cutesy stamps from Darcies (which I am sure you will be seeing very soon), and some other miscellaneous stuff.  I even saw a number of ex-customers who I always enjoy seeing.  All around, a fun day with great friends!

See you tomorrow for the sketch share!
Happy Stamping!

Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com