Friday, March 21, 2014

In the Garden of Life!

Hello!  Time ... it is a crazy thing ... I got time a few days ago to create some cards, but then I haven't had time to write the blog posts and get them on here.  The good news is that I have enough made to show you one a day through the end of the month!  Woo Hoo!  So, let's get to today's card.  About a month ago, I made a fold over card out of one of the Spellbinders dies with some tape.  I talked about it in this post here.  For that card I used scor-tape but I wanted to try out the Crafty Power tape that was suggested.  Well, I got some of the tape and I think it does work better than the scor-tape, mainly because it is thinner.  I got some new flower stamps I was wanting to ink up, and putting the dies and the flowers together, this card was created ... enjoy!
 
 
 
Below shows the inside.  You can see it looks like there is a fold, the score-line is actually on the bottom die shape (the same one you add the adhesive to).  Here is the link again that shows how to make these cards.
 
I see I used the same sentiment as I did on the card I linked back to, and that is because it is a great card for friends with flowers on their card!  I, as always, like to have a sentiment somewhere on the front of the card, but I did not want to cover up too much of the flowers, so I went with vellum and embossed the sentiment in black.  Love how it came out.  I gave the card to a friend from church.  She loved it!  Now when I see cards on the internet where they are creating the fold overs with decorative dies, I can make them with no problems!  That makes me very happy! 

Recipe:
Paper - My Minds Eye Memorable, Cardstock Natural White, Clear Vellum
Stamps - Flourishes Sweet Nature set, Outside sentiment from Rubbernecker Sketch Poppies set, Inside sentiment from DeNami Designs
Ink - Memento Black, Copics, Versafine Black, Clear embossing powder from Judi-Kins
Tools - Spellbinders Timeless Rectangles (2 sizes), Framed Tags 2
Other -
Scrapbook Adhesives Crafty Power Tape (this link shows what the tape looks like, not where I got it from)

Tomorrow I will have the sketch share and a copy of the blog post that will be on The Crafty Scrapper's blog.  So, look for both of them!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com