Thursday, February 13, 2014

Friends in My Garden!

Hello!  Getting the class card samples done, makes me feel so less stressed.  I still have to finish the design team cards and project but at least I can feel like I got to take some off my list.  The card I am showing today also was a mark off my list.  A good friend's birthday was the same week that I taught and so, I didn't get to her card, but I promised it was coming.  It actually got sent last week, just a week late, not too bad.  I knew I hadn't shared it with you yet and so I want to do that today.  It is a little different from my normal style.  I keep buying all those fancy, decorative labels dies from Spellbinders because I see all those awesome cards that people create with them.  Especially how they make the card base from the die. Let me show you my card, I then I will give you more details, instructions and links for this card.  Enjoy!




In the past, I have tried this tutorial, but I use such heavy cardstock that doubling it just will not go through my Big Shot.  In fact, I was trying to do this very thing, when I broke my last Big Shot!  Then, a couple of weeks ago, I found a different idea on this blog.  (Scroll down to card three and the instructions are below).  On this one, they used Scrapbook Adhesive's Crafty Power Tape, which I do not own, but will be on the look out for, so that I can check it out.  I decided to try their idea with scor-tape.  It worked!  (But, still this other adhesive might be thinner?) So, basically, you put the tape on the cardstock and put the top of the die right over it, so that when you run it through, you have the frame die cut out with adhesive on it.  She also added a score line across the top of the card.  Then when you add the second die cut to match and they adhere together, the score on the back panel allows it to swing open.  Here is the photo of the back view and the inside.

Back side with score line.
Sometimes it is hard to explain things, so go check out the link, as she has pictures, and try it out for yourself!  I need to make one similar to this real soon, so I don't forget how I did it!  And look for that different adhesive.  Hope you enjoyed this card.  Different for me, but oh, so pretty!  

Recipe:
Paper - KaiserCraft Utopia 6 x 6, Cardstock Natural White, Blue
Stamps- Flower is from Hero Arts, Sentiment is from Rubbernecker (Sketch Poppies set)
Ink - Memento Black, Copics
Tools - Spellbinders Timeless Rectangle, Stately Circle, Classic Circle
Other - Ribbon by May Arts (did I actually leave off my signature rhinestones?  I think I did!)


Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com