Sunday, December 21, 2014

Handmade Ornament with How-To!

Hello!  For the party at The Crafty Scrapper, we were all supposed to bring an ornament for an exchange.  It could be handmade or store bought.  I had a store bought one ready in case I didn't have time to try to make the one I saw on Pinterest or if it came out ugly.  It ended up being easy and pretty!  Here is a link to the one I saw.  The first problem is that this lady's blog is in Italian and the second issue was it wasn't a direct link to her blog post that showed the ornament.  After I found the correct post, I used my cell phone to translate it and then found out, she didn't include any instructions!  I did find another similar one on Pinterest with some directions, but I added strips to make mine fuller.  So let me show you my ornament and then I will give you the easy peasy how-to ... enjoy!
 
 
 
 
Here is the backside to better show you the strips ...


My How-To:

I cut two strips 1 inch by 7 inches, two strips 1 inch by 6 inches, two strips 1 inch by 5 1/2 inches, and two strips 1 inch by 5 inches.  I used scrapbook paper that I liked both sides of and so for the middle piece I glued the two 5 inch pieces together with the snowflakes showing on both sides.  I arranged the strips: 1 7", 1 6", 1 5 1/2", the double 5", 1 5 1/2", 1 6", and 1 7" lining them up evenly on one end.  I punched a hole and added a brad here while I was working on the ornament.  With the top secure, I added a piece of scor-tape on each of the bottom strips, also lining them up evenly.  As they are secured together, the strips being different lengths, naturally form into the ornament shape.  I then removed the brad I had added earlier and threaded ribbon through the holes to form my hanger.  I die cut 2 snowflakes (Spellbinders) out of glitter paper and also a stamped Merry Christmas (Hero Arts) on a sentiment panel, backed with a hot pink panel.  I got out my hot glue gun to adhere these to the front.  And last but not least, I added sticker glitter borders to the sentiment panel and small hot pink rhinestones to the snowflakes.  Easy Peasy! 

If you have any questions, be sure to ask!  Do you like my ornament?

See you tomorrow!
Happy Stamping!

Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com