Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Cards for Hunters x 3!

Hello!  A while back, a friend from church asked me if I could make her some fishing and hunting birthday cards for men.  I said, oh sure, I can make any theme you want.  All the while, I was thinking in my head, why I am saying yes to hunting, I have no hunting stamps!  I did have to get a little creative.  First was to find me some hunting papers, then do a little internet search, and then also pull out some stamps I haven't used in a long time.  All this equals to the three cards I have to show you today.  Enjoy!   
 

 
This paper from Bo Bunny had all kinds of animals, bears, moose, in the trees in an all over pattern.  I simply picked three places of the sheet that had deer and die cut them out into circles.  I thought the sentiment from my stash was perfect.  Could either apply to hunting or birthdays! 
 
 

 
This second card also has some designer paper, the camouflage one is from Reminisce.  This is where the internet came in.  I found this awesome Hunter's Prayer on Pinterest.  So, I just picked a font on my home computer and printed it out onto some Kraft colored paper.  Add the copper brads on the card added some interest. 
 

 
This one is the most impressive to me, as I, and that is a capital I, created that little scene in the oval with some Stampscapes stamps that I haven't used in a  while!  Stamps included the trio of small pines, which I stamped more than once, the large tree, that appears in the front, the deer, and two different ground coverings.  I stamped all the images in black onto glossy white paper.  Then I used the Tim Holtz Ditress inks and sponges to add some color.  It is not perfect, but this it got the job done!  And adding some designer paper, complete the card. 
 
Tomorrow, I will be back with two fishing cards, one I have already shown you, like a month ago.
 
Happy Stamping!
Tina


0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com