Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Texas Forever!

Welcome to the second time for my participation in Texas Tues-Step. You see there is a small group who on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday's are making cards with a Texas theme. And I being a born and raised Texan, I knew I wanted to participate! Since I just did a red, white, and blue color theme with my last card I made for the Memorial Day, I decided to go with totally different colors. I seldom do brown as it is just not my color but today's card with the added turquoise and gold, is very colorful and I do love how it came out! I went with a sketch I have done before. I think the strips of the different coordinating pattern papers gives the card lots of interest. Here is my card ... enjoy!


The card was finished ... well, so I thought. I added the small Texas punched out shape at the last minute and I think it was a good idea. It completes the card. How do you like my little buttons? It's always about the embellishments with me - rhinestones and buttons on the same card? Yes! I finally got to use the beige color linen thread I got a while back. I have used the ivory color many times but with today's color theme, the beige was just what it needed!

Recipe:

Paper - All pattern paper from Max & Whiskers paper pad by Basic Grey, Cardstock Turquoise, Copper Shimmer
Stamps - Texas Forever by Deadbeat Designs
Ink - Memories Artprint Brown
Die Cuts/Punches - Classic Scallop Nestiblities, Classic Circle Nestiblities, Labels 3, Texas Punch by Punch Bunch
Other - Ribbon by Creative Impressions, Buttons by O'Scrap, Twine by The Cat's Pajamas, Rhinestones by Hero Arts

Happy Stamping!
Tina

4 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

YAY! Love that you played this week, Tina! Your card is fabulous!!

Betty J Schaub said...

A
W
E
S
O
M
E
!

Libby Hickson said...

Love your card Tina! I'm fixing my blog post to link directly to you, too!

mark said...

hey tina! thanks for using my stamp! i'll link to you when i get back from my trip... if i decide to return!

 
design by suckmylolly.com