Monday, August 2, 2010

My Special Recipe!

Hello! For today's card, I used another one of the little chef images from Inky Antics. It came out pretty cute! Let me show you the card first and then I will give you the details. Enjoy!

The background with all the pattern papers was made by cutting strips of pattern paper and gluing them to a piece of cardstock and then running the whole piece through with the Labels 8 die. I have seen this done on many cards, but this was the first time I have tried this. I like the look! I got to use my new Ribbon Tags die ... woo hoo! I also need to tell you about my little chefs bowl. I thought it just look to bright and wanted to tone it down some, so I stamped some dots in red and when I wasn't sure if I liked the dots, I added some tiny dots with a black pen. I did have to make a reverse mask so I would not get any of the red ink on her little hand. After it was done. I still wasn't sure about it, but I decided to go with it because I really didn't want to have to totally recolor her. And then when I got to my embellishment stage, and added the big yellow felt flower, I think it helped to draw your eye away from her bowl. I like it. What do you think?

Recipe:

Paper - Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety Mini Deck, Cardstock White, OrangeRed
Stamps - Inky Antics Clear Set Prepping Chefs
Ink- Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Marvy Matchable Red, Black Ink Pen
Die Cuts/Punches - Classic Scalloped Oval, Classic Oval, Labels 8, Ribbon Tags Two Nestibilites. Sizzix Embossing Folder Polka Dots
Other - Ribbon by unknown, Felt Flower by Queen & Co.

See you tomorrow for the Texas Tues-Step! The Texas team is creating with the same stamp! Too Fun!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Jennifer Moore said...

I think the bowl is perfect.

 
design by suckmylolly.com