Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Daisy Thanks!

Hello! Most cards I make I love, some I don't like at all, and some I like pretty well. The ones I don't like at all I have been reworking them into ones I like better. Today's card falls in that inbetween catagory. I don't love it but I don't hate it. The design idea came from one of the blogs, however my card ended up coming out totally different than the original idea. Let me show you so you can see what you think ...

I really like the 4 different pattern papers in the square. The tall flower was colored directly on the stamp with markers and then spritzed with water before stamping. As the image began to dry on the paper, it started to appear more of a pink color rather than the red color which I was wanting to match the colors in the card. I added some dark red glitter hoping to change the look of the flower. You see, after spending time cutting out the flower I really wanted to make it work. I think it does. What do you think of the card?

Recipe:

Paper - Basic Grey Indian Summer, Stampin' Up Bella Rose, American Crafts, Cardstock White, Dark Brown, Dark Red
Stamps - Hero Arts Wildflower Garden Cling, Thanks by Studio G $1 clear stamps
Ink - Memories Artprint Brown, Tombow Markers, Spritzer, Heat Gun
Tools - Classic Circle 2 sizes & Ribbon Tags Two Nestibilites, Tim Holtz Texture Fades Gridlock
Other - Art Institute Glitter - Crystal and Red Oak, Buttons

Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

susan russell said...

I love it. You did a wonderful job. There is pink in some of the squares. I would be honored to receive a card like this.

 
design by suckmylolly.com