Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Texas our Texas!

Welcome to Texas Tues-Step! One of the team members is Mark, who is the owner and designer of Deadbeat Designs. He has generously donated to each of the team members the same stamp (it is a brand new image too!), so that we might each make a card to show how one stamp can be used in different ways. It is all happening TODAY, so make sure you follow the links on the right side of my page to go to each of the Texas Tues-Step Team to see how they used this new stamp! Are you ready for my card? Enjoy!

This is my sixth Texas card, and my fourth card since I have been part of the team. I tell you this because this is my first card using red, white and blue, which as you know are the traditional colors for Texas. When I got the stamp in the mail, I knew I would want to paper piece the Texas outline part on the stamp. Knowing that it should be in blue, it just made sense to add the red and the white. The white star was cut from white cardstock that I had glittered. I played around with several different ribbons and finally decided on the red and white dotted one which goes with the blue dotted paper and the dots from the embossing folder on the white background piece. I love my card and I can not wait to see what the other Texas Tues-Step team came up with using this same stamp! Check them out! Be sure to leave us some comments, too!

If you would like to see the page of Mark's new stamps, you can click here.

Recipe:

Paper - Blue Dot by Bazzill, Cardstock White, Red
Stamps - Deadbeat Designs
Ink - Versafine Black
Punches/Die Cuts - Petite Scalloped Oval Nestiblites, Stampin' Up Border Punch, Sizzix Embossing Folder Polka Dots
Other - Ribbon by Creative Impressions, Red Pearls by Kaiser (I used 3 sizes off of same card), Ranger Glossy Accents, Art Institute Crystal Glitter (for star)

Happy Tues-Stepping and Happy Stamping!
Tina

5 comments:

Jennifer Moore said...

I love it Tina. I like the paper piecing and the ribbon is too cute.

Mark said...

Wow! Love all those textures! And the 'country colors' look great! Thanks for playing!

ellepaulette said...

Oh how I like your card! I really need to get my hands on these new Texas stamps, they are lovely!

Betty J Schaub said...

lots going on here! love the paper piecing!

Libby Hickson said...

Love this Tina - the colors are great, and of course I love the polka dots!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com