Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Happy Summer!

Hello! Today's card I made to send to my niece, who is 23 now. How did that happen? Anyway, I have called her a few times and we just can't seem to connect, as she is a very busy girl. So, I thought I would made her a card and send it to her to say "Happy Summer". I can't wait for you to see my card - it is so cute! Enjoy...

I just had to send her a card with this cute little crab. It will make her giggle, just like I did when I saw it! You see there is a story about crabs and her & I. It goes back to our cruise in Hawaii that she and I took for her 18th birthday. Norwegian has this private island we went to which I think was something like only 200 miles from the equator which is a looong way from here. Anyway, we found some shells and put them in our bag to bring back with us. Yes, we know we were not supposed to take anything from the island but we figured a few shells wouldn't hurt. So, fast forward to that night back on the ship. The lights are turned off and we here this noise! Boy were we freaking out! Come to find out ... those little shells had hermit crabs inside! Oh my gosh! We decided that they would die out of water so we ended up going (in our pajamas) out to the outside part of the ship to throw them overboard so they would have the water they needed. We pray that they didn't take on too much water and they lived! We laughed and laughed about our little "stowaways"!

Now let me tell you a little bit more about my card. I have a close up view of the sandy beach.

It is literally real sand and real shells mixed with adhesive. They come in little jars and I got them at the scrapbook store. On the jars there is an address of www.muddpuddles.net
So, check it out. Pretty darn cool when you need to make beach scenes.

Recipe:

Paper - Imaginisce Splash Dance Line Polka Dot Bikini and Bubble Bash, Cardstock White, Aqua, Darker Aqua
Stamps - Hero Arts Tree and Crab, Happy Summer Circle by Stampendous Summer Clear Set
Ink - Versafine Black and Versifine Vintage Sepia (Circle)
Tools - Classic Scalloped Oval, Classic Oval, Classic Scalloped Circle, and Classic Circle
Other - Malibu Beach and Beach Pieces by Muddpuddles, Baubles by Stamping Bella, Button, Twine by The Cat's Pajamas.

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com