Sunday, August 8, 2010

Wildflower Beauty!

Hello! I bet you have been wondering what happened to me this week. I had some kind of bug and had some fever for a few days. Still don't know what I had, but I am glad it is gone now and I am back to my normal self! I spent a lot of today in my room. I have missed it. The first card I made was a get well card but I won't be showing you that one until tomorrow because today I have the result of Mojo Monday's sketch challenge. Since it is from last Monday, I only have a few hours to link it to their site. I will show you my card first and then the sketch. Enjoy ...


When I saw the sketch, I thought it was one I would really want to do, but I tell ya I had some trouble getting it to work. Did you see how on my card I moved the circle and the rectangle piece to the opposite side? I had to make this adjustment so that as much of my flower panel would show. The flower panel was colored with markers, spritzed with water, and stamped onto watercolor paper, and heat set. This very simple technique is a oldie but goodie! Even though the watercolor paper is more of a cream color. I still stamped my sentiment onto white. I think it draws your eye to the words.

Do you like my card? Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!

Recipe:

Paper - Cosmo Cricket DeLovely Mini 6x6 deck, Cardstock Light Orange, White, Watercolor Paper
Stamps - Flowers by Hero Arts Wildflower Garden Cling, Sentiment by Verve from Feel the Sun clear set
Ink - Tombow Markers, Spritzer, Heat Gun, Versafine Black
Die Cuts/Punches - Classic Scalloped Circle and Classic Circle Nestibilites
Other - Ribbon by Creative Impressions, Baubles by Stamping Bella

See you tomorrow! Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com