Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Amazing Grace!

Today's card is a sympathy card I made for a friend I have know since childhood, who lost her mom.  We really aren't what I would call good friends, but I have reconnected with her on facebook and so I thought it would be nice to make a card to send.  I purchased the Spellbinders Cross Collection dies back in June last year, and have never used them.  They are soooo pretty.  Here is my card with more details to follow.  Enjoy!

And to the right, is a close-up.  I hoped to show you the vellum layer I put behind my cross, but I am not sure you can see it very well, even in the close-up.  You see, I didn't like the cross directly on the plaid piece, so I tried several different colors of cardstock behind the cross.  I didn't like any of them and that is when I thought about adding a vellum layer which gives separation but dosen't take away from the plaid paper.  I also had trouble picking the ink color for my sentiment.  I really would have preferred a softer brown, but I just went with my standard Versafine pad in Vintage Sepia.



Recipe:

Paper - Die Cuts with A View Linen Closet pad, Carstock Natural White, Light Aqua
Stamps - sentiment by Verve Stamps
Ink - Versafine Vintage Sepia
Tools - Cross Collection, Labels 4, Petite Scalloped Oval Nestibilities, Stampin' Up Border Punch, Victorian Cuttlebug embossing folder
Other - Clear Rhinestones by Hero Arts

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com