Monday, January 3, 2011

For the Birthday Boy!

Happy New Year to everyone.  While my hubby watched the college bowl games, I spent time in my craft room (well except for TCU's game at the Rose Bowl, I did watch that)!  My stamping to do list for the week includes six birthday cards for family and friends, more desk calendars, a sympathy card, a Texas Tues-Step card, which I think is tomorrow, and a card for another DeNami blog hop coming up this weekend!  The benefit to you is that there will be a bunch of new creatiions to put on my blog for you to see! Woo Hoo!  Let's get to the first one ... 

On the Verve blog, I saw their brand new sketch, and my first thought was it is pretty cool but won't wok for me as I won't have that size envelope.  And I try to create cards that I can actually send.  So, I really didn't think anything else about it until ... yesterday, I was wrapping up Ethan's birthday gift to send (my step grandchild) and was considering whether to add a card or not.  He is only turning 4 and so he doesn't really care about the card, but I usually make one for him anyway.  The box I am wrapping in birthday paper and then wrapping in brown paper on top of that to be sent, and I got to thinking maybe I should just add a flat card that would be between the two papers.  And that is when I remember the cool Verve sketch.  So here is the result and then the sketch.  Enjoy!


 
And below, you will see the card added to my gift.  I did not have the paper in front of me when I made my card.  But, I think it matches pretty good! 


Recipe:

Paper - Daisy Bucket (scraps from a line called my little monsters), Cardstock Red, White
Stamps - Verve stamps from set called Birthday Bash
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Marvy Corner Rounder
Other - Red Rhinestones

I love this Verve set I got back before Christmas. I saw someone paper piece the balloons and it was too cute, so of course, that is exactly what I did on this card!  The little rectangle where the sentiment and balloons are opens and inside I signed it from Papa & I. 

See you tomorrow!  Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com