Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy Birthday To You!

Hello!  Sorry I skipped yesterday.  I love to go out to my little shack and stamp but the last few days with temperatures not getting out of the 20's to 30's, I just haven't stamped much.  I needed to get a card made for my hubby's son whose birthday is Sunday. And, I got it done ... yea!  Last week, I did the first week's of a monthly sketch for Verve over on Splitcoast Stampers.  For my birthday card for William, I decided to go with the sketch from the second week.  Funny thing though, I used the same stamp set I used on last week's sketch.  I probably should have used different stamps but when I looked at the sketch I just saw how those stamps would be perfect.  The first time I ever saw the Verve birthday set on one of the blogs, they used the same papers I used today.  When I found the paper line in a store, I got it and that was even before I ordered the stamp set.  This was my chance to use the paper with the stamps.  I love how it came out.  I will show you the card and then the sketch.  Enjoy!



Close Up of my Sparkler Bling

What do you think?  As you can see in my close up view of the cake, I went a little crazy with the sparkler sticker dots!  Love the bling!  Don't you love the paper pieced with the cake and the balloons?  I do want to add that I changed the sketch slightly by adding the corner punch on the right side on the smaller panel.  It was just that I thought it needed something there.  Please leave me a comment and let me know how you like my card.


Recipe:
Paper - Imaginisce B-day Bash Line - Hip Hip Hooray and Wish Big, Cardstock White, Brown
Stamps - Verve Birthday Bash
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils
Tools - Classic Oval Nestibilities, EK Success Victorian corner punch
Other - Red Dot Sparklers from Stampendous, Stickles Glitter Glue, Ribbon by DeNami Designs

I will most likely have one more for you this week - look for it tomorrow!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

   

1 comments:

Patti J said...

What is a birthday card without some bling? Perfect man-card! I have trouble with man-cards, but you rocked this one! William will be happy to receive it!

 
design by suckmylolly.com