Monday, January 24, 2011

God Quote Creations!

Happy Monday!  I have two cards for you to start off the week!  I realized yesterday that I had made two cards for the Viva LaVerve sketch challenge, but the challenge is a set of 4 cards with the deadline of Jan. 27th.  So, I decided that I should complete the challenge and make cards with the last two sketches.  Verve stamps I don't think are required, but when I am doing a challenge from a certain company, I really try to use their stamps, required or not.  In my Verve collection I have many wonderful God quote stamps, so I decided to create my two last sketches with a couple of my favorites.  Let's get to them.  I will follow each card with the sketch used.  Enjoy! 


As you probably know, the woppy jawed (aka slanted) panel is not particularly one of my favorites, but I have ts say the way I made the sentiment go straight makes me like this one more.  The panel at the bottom uses an embossing folder that is actually one from Christmas, but I don't think it looks Christmasy, do you?  I think it resembles flowers instead.   I think I will keep it in my "everyday" folders file! 






I rarely emboss except at Christmas, but I love how the sentiment looks in the silver!  I love this quote.  A definite favorite!  This card is very self explanatory.  And very simple!  But, it does follow the sketch well and it is a sketch that I can use often.  To me, that is the best think about doing the challenges, as it gives me new ideas for creating my cards. 







Recipe Card #1 -

Paper - Karen Foster Pregnancy Petals line (Pregnancy?  That is what it said!  I bought it because I loved  the colors!), Cardstock Coral, Black
Stamps - Verve Stamps
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Lables 9 Nestibiities, Sizzix BasicGrey Frost embosssing folder
Other - Pearls by Hero Arts, Ribbon by May Arts, Polka dot button by O'Srap, Other buttons

Recipe Card #2 -

Paper - Sei Poppy Paper Stack, Cardstock White
Stamps - Verve Stamps
Ink - Versamark, Judi Kins Detailed Silver embossing powder, heat gun
Tools - Classic Circles, Eyelet Circles Nestibilities, Martha Stewart scalloped border punch
Other - Rhinestones by Hero Arts, Silver Twine by May Arts

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com