Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You're a Tweet-Heart!

Hello!  For today's card, I wanted to use some of my new stamps I got at the convention.  At the Endless Creations booth, I purchased a branch and a cube with 2 little birdies, one facing each way when stamped.  Yes, I already have branches, and birds, but I couldn't resist a couple more!  I knew I wanted to make some Valentine's Day cards, so going with that theme, I decided to add some hearts hanging down from my branch.  I remembered there was a Hero Arts set with a sentiment that might work and it so does!  "You're a Tweet Heart" is perfect.  But, at this point I wasn't sure where I was going to add my sentiment.  And then ... the light bulb came on.  I recently die-cutted some clouds out from a friend's die, so I added the sentiment to one of the clouds!  So perfect!  What do you think ... here it is!  Enjoy!

 

I don't know if you can tell in the photo, but I added Stickles to the hearts.  And around the edge of the clouds, a line of crystal glitter.  I love the look of glitter, but I don't often use it.  It loves me and no matter how little bit I do use, it just stays on me, even through showering, for days and days!  Oh, how about the cork, I added?  Another fun element to this card.  I love it!

Recipe:

Paper - We R Memory Keepers Valentine Sweetness, Cardstock White, Pink, Yellow, Cork
Stamps - Branch, Birds by Endless Creations, Heart by Hero Arts, Sentiment by Hero Arts
Ink - Versafine Vintage Sepia, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Tombow brown to make lines to hearts
Tools - Classic Oval, Big Scalloped Oval Nestibilities, Sizzix Giant Scalloped Die, Clouds die by Papertrey Inc.
Other - Fruit Punch Stickles, Quicky Glue Pen, Art Institute Crystal Glitter, Pearls by Hero Arts, Button, Grosgrain Ribbon, Linen Thread by TCP

I made another card with this same little branch and birdies in blue - tune in tomorrow for that creation!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

TGCF said...

Becca at AmazingPaperGrace.com is Sharing the Comment Wealth and I picked you! Hi, there we have a couple of the same interest! Crafting and visting Amazing Paper Grace. This is my first time to your site. I will be back! SaBrina Bradley.

 
design by suckmylolly.com