Saturday, January 29, 2011

Twinkle, Twinkle Baby Love!

Here I am interrupting the scheduled program!  On a Saturday night no less!  You see, in my reader today, I noticed a post from Verve reminding everyone of a challenge called "Baby Love" that ends tonight at midnight.  I also noticed that the number of entries so far was pretty low, around 50 which is low compared to how many usually participate which would give me a better chance if I were to participate. I had ruled out the thought of participating a few days ago because most of my Verve stamps are sentiments.  Don't get me wrong, I love all my Verve sentiment stamps, but I wasn't sure what baby one I had.  Well, in this morning's post, I saw that it specifically said you did not have to use Verve stamps to get in on the challenge.  So, I decided if I got time to go out to the "shack" today and inspiration came, I would participate.  It happened and an idea came and you know what else?  I ended up using my Verve sentiment stamps after all!  I remembered I have the one that says ..."twinkle, twinkle little star, do you know who loved you are?"  How perfect is that?  I also remembered that early last year I made a baby boy card with some paper that said baby boy on it.  I did a happy dance when I found some scraps left that would work.  Now, I could tie in my twinkle love stamp to baby!  I have no idea when I might need another baby boy card, but I will be ready.  A while back a friend let me borrow her copy of a magazine put out by Papercrafts called Go To Sketches, so I went with an idea I saw in there.  I love how it came out ... here it is... enjoy!


Recipe:

Paper - Baby Boy unknown (scrap), Bo Bunny Brilliant Blue Dot, Best Creation Inc. Glitter Blue Dot, Cardstock White, Blue
Stamps - Both sentiments by Verve Stamps
Ink - Versafine Black, Tombow Markers (for stars)
Tools - Eyelet Circle, Classic Circle, Ribbon Tag Trio, Sizzix Stars Die
Other - Grossgrain Ribbon, Button, Metal Star by Making Memories, Linen Thread by TCP

I really do have the cutest "love" card to show you on Monday, so be sure to stop back by.  Thanks for letting me interrupt with this fun challenge card.  Wish me luck!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

2 comments:

LeslieRahye said...

Suck a cute little card! Great package card!!
btw...I've selected your blog for the "stylish blogger award." You may pick up your badge and award if forward here: http://leslierahye.blogspot.com/2011/01/award-id-like-to-thank.html

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is so darling! Love the little pocket and the use of the God Bless you sentiment - so perfect for a little bundle of blue! Thanks for taking our Diva Dare!

 
design by suckmylolly.com