Friday, July 15, 2011

The Butterfly Counts Moments!

Hello!  When I started today's card, I wasn't planning for it to be perfect for the Forgotten Stamp Friday post, but as it evolved and I ended up using uninked stamps that I have had for a long time, I decided to wait until today to show you my creation!  Originally, I had seen a card on one of the blogs where they made a card size frame with one of the Martha Stewart Around the Page sets and then they added pattern paper to the top, so the punched part peeked out all the way around the card.  One of the Spellbinders sets that I got at the scrapbook convention, I thought looked really large, so I was thinking it would work the same way.  Well, I soon found out it was not as large as I thought it was.  But, still pretty, just a different look.  Picking out the butterfly paper led me to some uninked, unmounted rubber sets of butterflies from Stamp Camp.  Perfect!  Let's get to the card ... enjoy!
 


I got some of that crinkled seam binding at the scrapbook show and I spent so much time trying to create a pretty bow as I see on so many cards.  Every one I tried was uggglyyy and I finally gave up!  I need a tutorial.  Suggestions anyone?  I decided to add the twine instead.  And at the last minute I added the rhinestones swirls.  Love that addition!  O.k. funny thing about this card, you know how I said the stamps are from Stamp Camp (which I know have never been inked because the unmounted sheets had not ever been cut apart!), well the owner, Mary Kay is a Facebook friend and I saw that her birthday is July 17th and I be seeing her at the stamp convention on the 16th!  Yes, you guessed it ... I think I will give her this card for her birthday.  I hope she likes it!  I do, don't you?

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Lime Twist Happy Go Lucky 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock Mauve, Mint Green
Stamps - Butterfly Set and Butterfly Sentiments from Stamp Camp
Ink - Versafine Black for sentiment, Versafine Spanish Moss for butterfly
Tools - Lattice Rectangles, Lacey Circles, Classic Circles Nestibilities
Other - Pearls by Queen & Co., Rhinestones by unknown, Twine by The Twinery

I will be back tomorrow with Saturday's Sketch Share.  See you then!
Happy Stamping!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com