Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Somewhere Over the Rainbow!

Hello!  I have a new creation for you today with a new die from My Favorite Things I recently got.  We all go through phases as stampers.  And it seems that this year, I like the outdoors ... animals, clouds, sun, grass, hot air balloons, trees, and the list goes on.  And now I have a rainbow die to add!  How fun is that?  I dug around in some old boxes and found a partial Die Cuts with a View pad of glittered cardstock that I decided would be perfect!  Let me show you my card.  And then I will give you the details!  Enjoy! 


I wanted to let you know about the rainbow die.  When you run it thru you paper, you get 7 sizes of one color, so I created a bunch of different rainbows to be used for other cards.  I could have gotten 7 rainbows out of one die if I would have kept the colors in the order of the first one I did, but instead I changed up the colors so I ended up with less.  To get solid adhesive on the backside, I thought the best idea was to use the Mosaic tape from JudiKins.  It was perfect.  I love this tape.  It is expensive but strong!  But, if you don't have this tape, I saw a tutorial on how they got adhesive on the backside.  You can see it here.  (Scroll down to get to her tutorial)  All she did was put the pieces that you die cutted out back into the die with the pretty side down and in the order you want and add dots covering all the strips.  Even though, I love the ease of the mosaic tape, I might have to try their way too!  The sentiments I used on my card is from a set I bought a while back from Close to My Heart.  The set had a rainbow that I could never get to look right, so when I got the MFT die, I had to dig out this set for the sentiment.  I know My Favorite Things has a whole sentiment stamp set that has great sentiments for suns and rainbows.  It is on my wish list.  What do you think about my card ... do you like it?

Recipe:

Paper - Glitter Cardstock Matstack 4.5 x 6 by Die Cuts with a View, Cloud Paper from Summer Days 6 x 6 pad from Echo Park, Stripes and Pattern from Echo Park Summertime Line, Cardstock White, Rose
Stamps - Sentiments by Close to My Heart
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Rainbow Die and Scalloped Ribbon Border Die (love this!) from My Favorite Things, Cloud Die from Papertrey Inc., Oval Nestibilities
Other - Pearls by Queen & Co.

Hope to be back in a day or two.  Happy Stamping!
Tina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the rainbow die the other day but didn't stop to visualize how it would work. Your card shows it perfectly. Thanks for sharing!

Cathy G.

Donna said...

Love this card! Great job on this Tina!

 
design by suckmylolly.com