Thursday, July 14, 2011

You Make My Heart Sing!

Hello!  Where does my mornings go?  My intention this morning was to get this card posted early, well it's almost noon, so, I guess early is not happening.  But, at least I do have a card for you.  I decided I should get my Sketch For You To Try done which is the challenge where I do a sketch a month to get in on the  prize at the end of the year.  I have completed every month so far!  The sketch this month, which I will show you, had three circles in the left hand corner.  My first thought was the set of three music note dies I recently purchased.  I paired them with one of the My Favorite Things sets where the girl Joline is holding an ipod and the coordinating stamps in the set are about music.  Perfect, plus I think I have only stamped her a couple of times!  Here is my card.  And the sketch.  Enjoy!






Wow, did you see the paper piecing I did on the little girl?  That was a little crazy.  The pieces were very tiny.  I do want to note that I ran the pattern background paper through an embossing folder with music notes on it.  I am not sure you can see it in the pic.  Maybe if you click on it, you can see it in the close-up view!  I very rarely use Vellum anymore but it was a perfect solution for this card because I knew I wanted to add the sentiment on the horizontal strip but I didn't want it to cover up the main image.  I couldn't decide how to attach the vellum so that the tape wouldn't show and then I got the idea to just wrap the edges around the large panel!  Good idea, huh?  I rather like how the card came out.  What do you think?

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Stella & Rose Mabel 6 x 6 pad, Vellum, Cardstock White, Black, Ochre
Stamps - Heart Sing Joline by My Favorite Things
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Versamark, JudiKins Detail Black embossing powder, heat gun
Tools - Classic Circle Nestibilites, My Favorite Things Die-namics Music Notes
Other - Pearls by Queen & Co.

I have a card made and ready for you for tomorrow ... see you then!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com