Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Camo + Cricut Die = One Cute Baby Card!

Hello!  My stepdaughter is giving a shower for a friend this coming weekend and she asked me to make a card for her.  She told me the girl likes pink camo.  So I have been on the hunt for pink camo for a while!  I put requests out to friends to find me pink camo fabric or paper.  It was much harder to find that I thought it would be.  One friend suggested digital, but I didn't have much luck there either.  The only thing I did find was fabric with hot pink tones with large peace signs all over it and I got it a Wal-mart!   Even though the pinks were brighter shades than I was thinking, I went with it.  And, the peace signs were never an issue because there was enough of the camo print between them to work.  I originally was thinking I would color copy the fabric so I would have cardstock to work with, but I just couldn't get the coloring right when I copied.  So, in the end, I went with the actual fabric ... keeping my fingers crossed that it dosen't ravel!  The scrapbook store close by, called Country Scents, was kind enough to cut out a baby carriage for me from their Cricut which I adhered my hot pink fabric to.  And from there, I found some paper that I thought would brighten up the card, combining it with a die cut layer, ribbon and rhinestones.  Here is my completed card.  Enjoy!


What do you think?  I rather like how it came out.  But, I did have a little trouble getting to the end.  It all started to come together once I added the panel behind the baby carriage.  See?  Those Spellbinders dies are ALL must haves!  Hee Hee!  On the right, you can see the inside.  I couldn't resist using another Spellbinders die, in this case the heart, to give the inside a little accent!

Recipe:

Paper - Floral from Best Creation Inc., Cardstock White, two colors of Pink, Black
Stamps - It's a Girl by Hero Arts, Congratulations by Stampendous
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Cricut Baby Carriage (I don't know what cartidge it came from, but I can find out if you are interested, just email me.), Labels 8, Classic Heart, Classic Scalloped Circle, Classic Circle Nestibilities, Open Scalloped Border Die-namics by My Favorite Things
Other - Sheer Ribbon by unknown, Rhinestones by Queen & Co.

Last Saturday I attended the stamp convention in Grapevine.  I so enjoyed seeing all the people I haven't seen in a while and I got some new stamps too!  I hope to be back in a day or two with some new stamp creations for you. 

Happy Stamping!
Tina

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute card.

I know you bought enough stamps in Grapevine that you should have posted at least a dozen new cards since Saturday. Where are they? Are you being lazy or did your stamps melt in your "nice hot car"? Just kidding!

Cathy G.

Donna said...

This is just too cute! I need one just like it for Lindsey. She's having a girl....did I tell you?

Susan Leslie said...

I bought some pink camo paper by Teresa Collins, it is her Freestyle Collection. I made a beautiful card for my daughter-in-law...

 
design by suckmylolly.com