Friday, July 22, 2011

A Turtally Awesome Day!

Hello!  I know I am late posting today.  And, on top of that, I don't have my usual forgotten stamp Friday card.  But, what I do have is two posts with two different creations for two different challenges. This week, I have been out in my "shack" more in the mornings instead of during the day.  It is just so HOT!  I do have an a/c unit in my shack but when it is over 100 degrees outside, well, I just don't want to even go.  I guess it is affecting my creative juices.  You think?  Anyway, the last two mornings I have been working on another honey pop card because Inky Antics summer challenge using any of the honeypops sets ends tomorrow.  I had one more set that I got at the scrapbook convention that I had not inked up yet.  It is the turtle set and it is sooo cute.  Let me show you how my card came out!  Enjoy!


The Front

The Inside
Close-Up of Turtle

Close-Up of Sentiment
If you need instructions, you can refer to my post here.  I love making these cards.  And I love the challenge of creating the insides. I like to create the pop-up scene, and also, pull some of the papers that I used on the front of the card, to the inside creation.  The green panel with the flowers I decided would work perfect as grass, especially when I used my grass die!  I love the sketch I used on the front too!  It is actually an old mojo sketch from 2009, no. 74.  I need to remember this one, as it is perfect for when you have a square image.  Do you like my turtally awesome card? 

Recipe:

Paper - Echo Park  Life is Good Line, Cardstock White, Dark Brown
Stamps - Inky Antics Turtle Honey Pop
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Labels 13 Nestibilities (for sentiment panels), Grass die-namics by My Favorite Things
Other - Ribbon by unknown, Pearls by Forever in Time

I will have one more post for you today.  Look for it.  And, then tomorrow, I will be back with another Saturday sketch share! 

Happy Stamping!
Tina 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the card but I love the little birds the best. I guess it's because I am bird-brained at times!

Cathy G

Marie said...

Your turtle card is adorable. I love the bird on the turtles shell...so cute!

Vikki Jo said...

Awesome details!

Bev Gerard said...

This one is just "turtally" too cute! Thanks for making this smile on my face!

~Bev

 
design by suckmylolly.com