Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Gentle as a Butterfly!

Hello!  Last Saturday, I attended the stamp convention and can honestly say most of my money was spent at the Rubbernecker booth,  I think it's pretty funny since this is a company that I carried in my store forever ago, but I had thought their images were pretty outdated ... well, I was wrong,  They had so many new stamps and their samples were awesome.  I wasn't the only one who liked their stamps as their booth was packed and the line to check out was about a 20 minute wait so you know it was long!  But so worth it!  A few of the stamps I got were because of a card sample they had made.  The card I created today is one of those.  Their sample boards were high above the stamp pegs so pictures were a little hard to take, but I did get a pic on my camera phone of the card that "sold" me.  Yesterday, when I was making my card, I did not have the pic in front of me, so my card is similar, but a little different.  Which is perfectly fine, but now looking at the pic, I might like to do another, more like theirs!  Before I show you my card, I need to warn you ... it is a totally stamped card, with no scrapbook paper added!  Try not to fall out of your chair!  Here is my card.  (And, also the pic of their sample card).  Enjoy!



Truthfully, I did remember that their butterfly was the same color as the cardstock, but I tried it that way, and it just looked dull.  Of course, they used a different blue than I did.  I couldn't remember what oval color layer they did.  I see it is a kind of tan.  I love how on mine I used, a cream layer, but then made the sentiment panel in white.  Wow, that combination really pops!  Who would have thought?  I love how it came out, what do you think?

Recipe:

Paper - Cardstock Teal, Dark Brown, Cream, White
Stamps - Rubbernecker (both the sentiment and the butterflies are from one set called Butterflies are Free set)
Ink - Versafine Vintage Sepia (I did emboss this ink with JudiKins clear embossing powder for some interest)
Tools - Petite Ovals Nestibilities
Other - Tiny Rhinestones from Hero Arts, Pearls from Queen & Co.

Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I love that frame stamp and the lettering on the sentiment is very pretty.

Cathy G.

 
design by suckmylolly.com