Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Your Service and Sacrifice!

Happy July 4th + 1 day!  All last week, I had plans to make a July 4th card from the 6 x 6 pad of patriotic papers from Bo Bunny that I recently got. I put it off thinking I would get to it sometime during the weekend.  Well, this weekend ended up being very busy, as Gary's son and granddaughter unexpectedly came down to spend the holiday weekend with us.  So, I didn't get to my room until last night after they went home.  So, I changed my card a little and made it one that could be a thank you note for our military.  I wish I would have made it earlier, as I could have given it to my Godson as he was home this week, on leave from the Marines.  But, I know several who make cards to send to the troops, so someone can add my card to their box.  Here is my card. Enjoy! 




What makes this card, is definitely the papers!  That image within the frame was on one of the pages in the top left corner.  I just thought it was so cool that I wanted to create a frame to showcase it!  Very simple card, but I like it!

Recipe:

Paper - Bo Bunny Liberty Collection 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock Dark Blue, Red, White
Stamps - Stampin' Up
Ink - Versafine Majestic Blue
Tools - Labels 1 Small (2 sizes), Ovals and Circles Nestibilities, Sizzix Star Die, Elizabeth Crafts Tape and Ritz Glitter
Other - Rhinestones

I actually got another card done because I was thinking today would be Texas Tues-Step day.  It seems the Texas Tues-Step team has basically just gone away.  I don't think anyone participates anymore.  But, my card is done so I am  showing it but in a separate post!  Working on it next. ...

Happy Stamping!
Tina
 

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com