Friday, July 1, 2011

Forgotten Stamp Friday!

Hello!  As I mentioned yesterday, I saw this great idea on one of the blogs I follow. Here is the link.   The idea is to every Friday, stamp with a stamp that has not been inked in a while.  I think on Jessie's blog her rules are that it hasn't been inked in at least six months, but for me I think I want the rules to be either never inked, which would mean acquired at any time, or has to be at least two years old, which would put the "acquiring" part back when I owned my store!  This is a great idea for me because I have lots and lots of stamps that are either old favorites from when I had my store, or there are a bunch of stamps that I ordered in the last months of owning the store that have never been used!  She also apparently has an linky widget on her Friday posts where others (like me) can link their creations for this theme to her blog.  However, I am not seeing that she has a post for it today, but, I will look into it.  Either way, it won't keep me from doing some forgotten Friday posts and to get started, I have one for you today!  So, let's get to it!  Here is my card using an old favorite stamp from Outlines that hasn't been inked in two years!  Enjoy!


I made tons of cards with these Outlines stamps and even taught a couple of classes to show how you stamp them, cut out different layers of the same stamp in different colors of paper to give different looks.  Here is a card I found in my stash from when I had my store using the same stamp.


One of the ways that my cardmaking is different now, is how I use so many scrapbook papers to create my cards, so that is what I did with my forgotten stamp today.  A side item I sold along with these stamps, was packages of swarovski crystals to add the perfect bling to the cards.  Since, I still own some of these little crystals, I added them to my card today.  Here is a close-up view.

  


Which look do you like better?  I am not sure.  I kinda like the original look of color cardstock but I think the card needs a bit of updating.  I like the layout I used today.  It is actually a sketch from Mojo Monday from Jan. 2009.  (Mojo69)  In Jan. of 2009, I was just making my announcement that I would be closing my store on June 30, 2009.  How ironic, since yesterday was two years to the date of closing.  Wow!  I don't miss my store, but I do often miss the people!  Of course, I love having the time to stamp and create and I love sharing it all with you!

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Stella & Rose Gertie 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock Rose, White
Stamps -
Outlines Funky Flower 3 , Sentiment by Hero Arts
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Classic Circles Nestibilities
Other - Swarovski Crystals, Flower Rhinestones from Hero Arts

Thanks for coming down memory lane with me today.  I hope to make the "forgotten stamp Friday" a weekly occurrence.  I think it will be fun.  You never know what I might show you from "my stash"! 

I'll be back tomorrow for Saturday's sketch share. 
Happy Stamping!
Tina 

1 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

SO gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com