Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Texas Forever!

Hello!  This is my second post of the day.  So, if you are just popping in, be sure to scroll down to see my patriotic card I made in the previous post.  I was thinking that I needed to get a Texas Tues-Step card made since it is the first Tuesday of the month.  But, I went to the other blogs of the team members, and it seems that our Texas Tues-Step team has just gone away.  Of course, Mark will always show you plenty of great Texas cards because he is the stamp designer and maker of most all those great Texas stamps we own and use!   Speaking of Mark, I have an announcement about something he is doing in August that I will tell you about later in this post.  But, first let me show you my card.  Last month, I used Mark's new Texas hot air balloon stamp.  And, I am using it again!  I have seen some great ideas out in blog land with hot air balloons.  Of course, their balloons aren't TEXAS balloons, which is why I like mine better!  But, I can still case their ideas!  Here is my card.  Enjoy!



I love all these balloons in the clouds.  And I thought the sentiment is just perfect with the scene.  What do you think? 

Recipe:

Paper - Cloud paper by Echo Park, Cardstock Blue, White, Red
Stamps - Deadbeat Designs
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils
Tools - Clouds by Papertrey Inc., Open Scallop Border by My Favorite Things, Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestibilities
Other - Rhinestones, Twine by The Twinery

Now, for my announcement ... did you hear Mark with Deadbeat Designs is coming to the metroplex to teach a class?  He is joint teaching with my friend Lynn Lloyd which my Texas friends know from when she opened and owned Stamp Salado down in Salado.  Lynn is an awesome teacher.  Mark has a great sense of humor.  So, between the two, what a great, fun class it will be!  A night I don't won't to miss, which is why I am already signed up!  Details as I know it:
Where:  Googly Eyes Crafts in Irving, TX  972-257-2597
When:  Wed., August 17th 6:30 p.m.
Cost:  $34 includes a free Deadbeat Designs stamp (new design)
The only part I don't know is what they are teaching!  Yes, I did sign up without knowing what we will be making.  And that is because I know it will be so fun, it won't matter! 

My plan today is to get my samples made for my July's class at The Crafty Scrapper later this month.  Hope to be back for something new here in a day or two! 

Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Renee M said...

Hey, Tina! I'm signed up for the class too--will be great to see you :) Cute card!

 
design by suckmylolly.com