Thursday, August 4, 2011

Each Day is in His Hands!

Hello!  On my card today, I inked up a new stamp I got at the last convention, combining it with a very old stamp, some papers from my stash and a new technique!  So, in other words, old and new came together to create today's card!  Let me show you my card.  And, then I will give you more details.  Enjoy!


I love the sentiment, as it reminds us to "trust".  And the font is beautiful.  The only thing I wish is that it was a smaller stamp, as I had trouble finding a sketch that I wanted to go with that would make sure a large sentiment fit.  I again went to my stack of sketches from 2009 and roughly went with sketch Mojo 108 which you can see here.  Now, let's talk about the coloring technique I did on the round flower panel.  A while back, I saw on a blog, which you can see here, a coloring technique using water based markers.  It looked pretty easy and since I have a whole tub of Tombow markers I rarely use, I knew I should try it.  However, a few days ago, when I was out in my "shack", and I remembered I wanted to try it out, I did not have the actual instructions with me, but I still think I did "good", as I love how the coloring on my little flower panel came out.  It is really simple to do, and I love the look!  I think I will be trying out this coloring idea again real soon.  What do you think?

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Good Day Sunshine line, Cardstock White, Aqua, Dark Red (Note: I wouldn't normally think to put these cardstock colors together with the peach scrapbook paper panel, but surprisingly it worked!)
Stamps - Sentiment by Stamp A Mania, Flowers by Hero Arts
Ink - Versafine Black, Tombow Markers, Ranger White Pen (probably can't see it well, because it wasn't working well, but it is there)
Tools - Classic Scalloped Circle, Classic Circle Nestibilities
Other - Ribbon by Creative Impressions, Button by Basic Grey, Pearls by Queen & Co.

I hope to get back to my room later today so that I will have something for you tomorrow.  My granddaughter is working on a project for her friends, so maybe that will be done so I can share that.  I will definitely be back on Saturday with Saturday's sketch share!  And guess what?  My friend Donna is planning to get in on our sketch share every other week and her first week is Saturday, so that means you will see 3 cards with the same sketch!  How fun! 

Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the card and the technique. The funny thing about the colors is, a friend at work wore a top with these same colors in it today. I think her top had some brown in it, too, but I remember the melony/peachy color mixed with red and the other colors that I wouldn't have thought to put together, either. AND she had a necklace that she bought separately from the top and it had those colors, too. Isn't that weird how these colors are in my life today?

Cathy G.

 
design by suckmylolly.com