Friday, August 12, 2011

Wiggle Your Toes in the Sand!

Hello!  Since, it is Friday, I decided I should make a card for Forgotten Stamp Friday.  This is a challenge to myself  to ink up a stamp that I haven't stamped since before I closed my store, which means it hasn't been inked for at least two years.  I decided to go with a stamp from Art Impressions that has a great little beach scene and a great sentiment too.  The sentiment reads "Wiggle your toes in the sands of the sea, dream of tomorrow and all that can be".  This particular stamp I sold along with a stamp of a window.  And I am thinking the theme was "windows to the world" or something like that.  I do have the stamp of the window but this time I just used the scene stamp.  However, I dug around in my stash of old cards from the store, and found one of the cards that we made in a class that has this same scene, looking thru the stamped window on the front of the card.  So, I have today's card to show you and the card from long ago.  Enjoy! 



Today's Card

Card from 2 + Years Ago!

First a note about the old card ... it must have been made during the last year or two at the store, since it does have scrapbook paper, as before that we mostly used cardstock or made our own pattern paper.  But, it is quite simple.  It's not a bad card, but I like the new version so much better!  Now, a couple of things about the new card ... for one, I did something I rarely do.  I colored the image first and then had to find paper to match.  But, surprisingly I thought this striped paper was a nice match, even though the colors don't exactly match.  Now, you wouldn't think a stripe like this would go with such a busy scene, but it works!  Since, I was doing the "forgotten" thing, I used a couple of other old favorites, like the flowers, and the dot sparkler stickers on the scalloped frame.  I love how it came out.  How about you?

Recipe:  (new card)

Paper - My Minds Eye Lime Twist Happy Go Lucky (12 x 12), Cardstock White, Hot Pink, Turquoise
Stamps - Art Impressions
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Gelly Roll Stardust pen (another old favorite & a new favorite of mine)
Tools - My Favorite Things Oval Chain border Die-namics, Scalloped Classic Square, Classic Square Nestibilities, Cuttlebug Seeing Spots embossing folder
Other - Prima Flowers, Glitter bauble in flower center by Forever in Time, Dot Sparkler stickers by Stampendous, Twine by The Twinery

I will be back tomorrow with Saturday's sketch share.  Love this week's cards, so be sure to stop back by or better yet, sign up to get an email sent to you when I have a new post.  Just add your email address to the box on the right side of my blog. 

Happy Stamping!
Tina


 

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com