Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Praying for You!

Hello!  I bet you have been wondering about me ... Jordan, our 12 year-old granddaugter is down for a visit and so instead of spending my afternoons in my "shack", we have been watching movies, we have played UNO, Monopoly, Life, and gone to see The Smurfs!  Actually, I have to say The Smurfs movie was kinda cute!  So, yesterday, when we got back, I did spend some time making a couple of cards for you.  And have one for you today.  This one was made for an ex-customer who recently lost her hubby.  Let me show you my card ... enjoy!



The paper pad I used here, called Gertie, I have used so much that I really had mostly smaller pieces left, but no worries, because I recently got a second pad, so you will continue to see more of these colors and patterns.  I decided that the couple of Stella & Rose pads that I have used repeatedly, I should get another pad of them before they are sold out and you can't get them at all.  In fact, I had a little trouble finding this one, so I guess I am not the only one that loved it!   Anytime, I don't have a specific sketch to use, I go thru the stack of Mojo sketches from 2009.   Today's card roughly follows sketch 119 which you can see here. You can't really see it in the pic, but I did stamp out a second butterfly and lay it over the first, adhering just in the middle to create the appearance of flight.  Pretty, huh?

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Stella & Rose line - Gertie, Cardstock Natural White, Black, Rose Red
Stamps - Butterfly by Rubbernecker, Praying sentiment by Verve
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Classic Scalloped Circle, Classic Circle, Lattice Rectangles Nestibilities
Other - Swirls Class a Peels by Stampendous, Pearls by Queen & Co., Ribbon by May Arts

I have another card made that I will show you tomorrow, so I hope you will stop back by! 

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com