Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Start Each Day with "Whee"!

Hello!  Over the weekend, I realized I had not done Jen's Sketch For You To Try for the month.  The challenge is to participate in the monthly sketch for a whole year to be entered into the grand prize.  I have done every month so far, so I am not stopping now!  When I was in my shack over the weekend cleaning, I found all my Pure Innocence stamps and put them together in one basket.  There were several I had forgotten I had.  When I printed out the sketch, and the panel was slanted, I immediately thought about the girl swinging!  The paper pad I picked had a paper with a wood grain background.  Too perfect to create the image of a tree.  Here is my card.  And the sketch.  Enjoy!



I do want to note a couple of quick changes I made to the sketch.  I added the sentiment panel slightly below the main panel instead of over the main panel.  I just didn't want to cover up too much of the swing.  And, the corner pieces came about because on the top right corner of my card, I used a little bit of Diamond Glaze to add some rhinestones and it gooped out onto the paper, so I had to cover it up with something!  But, I think it adds to the card, so that makes it a "happy mistake"!  I like my card, how about you?

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Lime Twist Life of the Party 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock White, Mint Green
Stamps - My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Start the day with whee
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Copic for skin
Tools - EK Success Corner Punch
Other - Fancy Rhinestones by Unknown, Rhinestones by Queen & Co.

Yesterday and today, I am in my shack cutting layers to make up my card kits for my classes this week. I made one more card over the weekend to show you, hopefully I will get it posted for tomorrow.  See you soon!

Happy Stamping!
Tina
   

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com